Monday, March 15, 2010

Music Inspiration Challenge- "This is Not a Test" - She and Him



I was inspired by Zooey Deschanel, (I mean who isn't) the lead singer of She and Him. I wanted to go for a retro feminine look, but also wanted a little bit of a color pop for such an upbeat tempo. I felt like the sunny yellow was appropriate for the vibe of the song.
I'm going to be egocentric for a minute- I was pretty proud of this ensemble, and boy did I get compliments from students and fellow MBA cohorts alike. I love those few days I seem to impress both very different demographics!

Skirt: Gap, thrifted, $4 (and my favorite wardrobe piece if you couldn't tell), Shoes: Target, $13, Shirt: Target, $4.50, Cardigan: NY&Co, $8, Tank: Downeast Outfitters, $10
Posted by Picasa



2 comments:

  1. I love this color combo - the teal and mustard together really pop. I can see why this outfit was so well-liked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. De-lurking to say I love the color combo in this outfit (and that song)! I'm on the hunt for a great yellow cardi, too.

    ReplyDelete