Monday, January 16, 2012

The 3rd Annual Music Inspiration Challenge

3 years ago my sister over at Overtures and Organza and I both felt we were in a fashion dry spell.  She told me how often music inspires her wardrobe.  I thought about it a minute before I thought, hey, we could use this for inspiration!  And thus the Music Inspiration Challenge was born!  (Check out full details here)
Here's how it works, we give each other a playlist of 12 songs to create outfits to.  You can do anything with the song, like pretend you're dressing up for the music video, dressing like part of the tempo or beat, stealing a lyric and dressing off that, or using the artist's style as your inspiration.  It surprisingly stretches creativity in ways neither of us thought possible before.
The real clincher?  You'd think we would have similar music tastes, but they are quite different.  However, the results have been awesome!

Year 1
Then year 2 I got married, and bronchitis, and almost finished, but not quite.

This year I'm going to finish in 3 weeks with my new playlist.  So without further adieu, here it is!

  1. Starry Eyed - Ellie Goulding
  2. White Sky - Vampire Weekend
  3. Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop - Landon Pigg
  4. Electric Twist - A Fine Frenzy
  5. What You Waiting For - Gwen Stefani (clean version)
  6. It's Not Unusual - Glee Cast
  7. She Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby
  8. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - Coldplay
  9. Big Black Horse and The Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
  10. My Man My Moon - Feist
  11. (If You are Wondering if I Want you To) I Want You To - Weezer
  12. Dear in the Headlights - Owl City
Do you want to play along too?  We'd love to have you and feature your outfits!  Feel free to choose either my playlist or the one I crafted for my sister, which you can find here.  

And may the fashion rut the two of us find ourselves constantly facing in January now be put to an end!  

No comments:

Post a Comment