Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lovin' Thirftin' on V-Day

Half off at Goodwill- yes please!
I used to think thrift shopping was well, thrifty, and certainly not cool. I grew up in a small town, and you just didn't want to be caught dead at a thrift store. Oh, so young, so stupid. I remember going to Prom my sophomore year and thinking I looked so original in the dress I had bought in the state capitol, not my hometown. It was awesome, Jackie O inspired this dress, and I went with her look for prom. Thinking I was so original, I showed up to prom to find two other girls with the same dress. I was so upset, I truly thought I was going to be an original! From that day on my life changed- my mom made my prom dresses, and anything I could buy from a store or company never heard of in my town became my goal!
Living in a large city now, I love that everyone has their own individual style. I'm not sure there's anything better than finding vintage finds at thrift stores, for the unique, one-of-a-kind look that no one is going to show up to prom, or any other event wearing.
Valentine's = big sales at thrift stores in my city, and I'm pumped to go find some stuff! I went serious thrifting for the first time last week and found an awesome skirt and vintage scarf. I'm ready to find love on this shopping trip- finds to be posted tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment