Friday, January 14, 2011

Music Inspiration Challenge

Last year my sister, http://overturesandorganza.blogspot.com/ , and I gave each other a challenge. We assigned each other 12 songs that we think will stretch the other person, and you are responsible to come up with a look to go with each song. It was a great challenge!
Here was my list:

Don't Wait – Dashboard Confessional

Billie Jean – Michael Jackson

Human – The Killers

Don't Stop Believin – Journey

Day Tripper – The Beatles

Flightless Bird, American Mouth – Iron & Wine

Poker Face – Lady GaGa

This Is Not a Test – She & Him

Fireflies – Owl City

Starlight- Muse

Blame it On the Girls – Mika

Good Vibrations – Beach Boys


Here's a recap:




So, naturally we decided to do it annually, maybe even more often. I am starting on Monday, my sister started this week. We're excited to stretch ourselves and try some new looks. Maybe it will get me out of the funk I'm in.
SO here's your challenge- if you want to play along you can go to her blog or mine and choose one of the lists. You could also have a friend with different music taste than yourself pick 12 songs for you. You have a month to complete all 12 looks. Choose clothes that inspire you as you listen, that you think you may wear during a music video to the song, or something inspired by the artist to mood. I hope at least some of you will play along, it's a lot of fun!

Here's my list this year:

  1. "Let's Call The Whole Thing Off" - Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
  2. "French Navy" - Camera Obscura
  3. "Love Music" -Earth, Wind, and Fire
  4. "Turn it On" - Franz Ferdinand
  5. "Virtual Insanity" - Jamiroquai
  6. "Little Wing" - Jimi Hendrix
  7. "1901" - Phoenix
  8. "Harajuku Girls" - Gwen Stefani
  9. "I've Never Woken Up in Handcuffs Before" - Hans Zimmer
  10. "Good Old Fashioned Loverboy" - Queen
  11. "Rhapsody in Blue" - Gershwin
  12. "Little Secrets" - Passion Pit See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment