Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A GOOD excuse

I just wanted to take a second to thank the 72 followers who have stuck with me during this crazy time in my life. I try not to be a one-upper, but I think right now I may win the top 50 busiest people award. Teaching full-time at a high school, getting an MBA from a tough program, and dating one handsome devil kept me busy enough- but the October engagement almost did me in with lack of sleep.

It's a decent excuse right...madness of getting married? If you don't agree just look at this handsome devil I get to marry and hopefully that will help you see why I've had some distractions! :)

(Side outfit note, I saved this dress for a long time thinking just in case we decided to get married it would be a good fit for engagement pictures- I tried to go classic and not have everyone think "Yep, 2011 wedding. I tried to do this with my wedding dress too, which I can't wait to show you!)

Blogging naturally had to take a back seat. BUT I realized just last week that it is something I love- something that makes me me. I love the positive vibes sent through the web. I have had some lonely moments in my life and blogging for a few seasons helped me feel more connected to people. It's awesome to have friends who like the same things you like.

I don't think I can thank you enough for sticking with me as a follower- I certainly haven't been consistent!
I want to be more consistent- I've tried a lot harder lately and I've carved out some time now that wedding plans are basically done.
It's also time for a makeover at Igetdressed- I mean my hair is long now, I've healed from some horrific scars of the past (life story post coming eventually), and my style has evolved. It's time!

I am also down to my last 10 weeks of my MBA before I graduate! I can't wait to have a normal life again! I'm going to cook, run more, sew, decorate a house, and of course blog!

You've made it this far...can you tolerate sporadic posts with lazy outfits for just a couple more weeks? Please? I promise I will stick with you when you work full-time and go to school full-time and plan a wedding too! :)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Only if you promise to show pictures of your wedding dress after the wedding. :)

    Life should always take priority before blogging, but I know sometimes it's hard to not be stressed when you can't blog or read and comment as much as you'd like. I'm glad it sounds like everything is falling into place for you now!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. being engaged was so stinking fun! live it up for sure. love your dress too, nice idea to save it for the pics, CONGRATS!
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, PLEASE show us dress pictures!!
    having just gotten married a few months ago myself, i TOTALLY understand how there are just never enough hours in the day. i all but abandoned my blog for the last 6 months, and im only just getting that ball rolling again -- like you said, i realized it was a part of who i am, and i missed it!

    anywho, take the time you need to do the things you need to do. post when you can. we will be here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life happens- I'm just glad yours is falling into place so nicely!

    I've always enjoyed your blog and keep an eye out for posts in my reader whenever you had a chance to put out a new one.

    You look very happy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic, lovely! I agree with all of the other posters-- life happens, and it's most important than blogging. But I'm glad to see that you're back :) Can't wait to hear about the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya! I'm working full-time and school part-time and I'm going crazy. I can't imagine what it would be like to do both full-time. Good luck with everything!

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete