Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Knit Dreams


Posted by Picasa
I'm ready for summer to end, I'm ready to see temps below 100+ degrees, and I'm especially ready to get my cardigan and jacket on soon.  Until then I have decided to sew my own light weight stuff that is higher quality.  So ta-da, sewing project #1, a  gray knit skirt.  It cost about $3 to buy the patter, $2 for a yard of fabric, and 20 minutes on a sewing machine.  I was amazed that an amateur like me could pull off a skirt that fast.  Here's to hoping it doesn't fall apart!  :)

Skirt: Self-made, $2, Heels: Nine west, $20, Shirt: Anthropologie, $20, Necklace: F21, $8

2 comments:

  1. Hello again Camille! Great combo in this post. Wait, you made the skirt?! Nice!

    Well, I am out to seek your advice again. Hope you don't mind. I believe you and I are about the same age so I feel comfortable chatting with you.

    I'm a graphic designer and I'm getting back into the interview pool after 6 years of working at a company. My hair is shoulder length and layered. While I would like to leave it down for an interview, it seems it would be more professional if I put it up. Do you have any suggestions for updo's for interviews? I'm starting to get into hair products and accessories, so if you have some tips there that would be great too.

    Also, what do you think about wearing a necklace to an interview? I have a black, low scoop top and I would just like to fill in the space there. Could I pull it off as long as it's not too loud? More on the conservative side as you've mentioned to me before? (That little rule of "what would your grandparents think" comes in handy!)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always worn hair down, I don't think it's a big deal at all to go up or down. If you want to be conservative a bun is always good, but I think hair is the one chance to show your style.
    I would totally go necklace with a low scoop neck. Pearls or a simple pendant would be great. I think you have some freedom with graphic design since it's an artistic field.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete