Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wicked



I found this dress at a second hand store with tags still on- and it was a killer deal! I thought- will I ever wear something that's kind of fancy but not quite formal? I realized it would work great for more formal business events, it would also work if I chaperon a dance next year. I was quite thrilled when neighbor was forced to sell their Wicked tickets two weeks after my purchase! It was the perfect dress for the event! I I also really didn't mind random people stopping me to tell me that either! Aren't stranger compliments the best kind?
love the retro details on the dress, and thought it totally called for retro hair. I did wear bright red lip stain also, but it faded by the time I was able to take some pictures. The red in my eyes has almost faded, but still vivid for the close up. Maybe don't show this to small children.

Dress: Ann Taylor via Buffalo Exchange, $16, Shoes: Latin Market, $1.25, Earrings: NY & Co, $3, Bag: Target, $7
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Great dress! How did you like Wicked? I was lucky enough to see it Philly a few years ago from the second row! It's one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! I love Buffalo Exchange..because of my travel's I've been to every single one in the West Coast, that the corporate office in AZ gave me a T-shirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wicked and I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a deal you got on this dress! It sure it pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so pretty and it fits you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pics.!! You look so gorgeous.. That dress is truly awesome. I like the design and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't Wicked an adorable play? I'll never look at The Wizzard of Oz the same way again, hehe. My husband and I saw it this past May in NYC at the Gershwin theater, and it was just amazing. As a huge sucker for anything black lace, I have to say your dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete