Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Colorwheel: Purple



I have to admit, this was a hard one for me. I was excited to do something with purple, only to learn I own 2 purple camisoles and this purple shirt. I guess there is the dark purple winter shirt, but when it's 98, that's not going to happen. I think I know what I need to look for- I just never seem to pick out purple when given choices even if I've been told it's the best color for my skin tone. I didn't even buy this shirt, my ex's mom did since she thought I would look nice in purple. Lesson learned, next shopping trip I have an assignment, and after several rearrangements of my outfit, this is the best purple as a main color I could come up with.

Shirt: American Eagle, gifted, T-shirt: Shade, $7.50, Skirt: Angie, via Last Chance, $6, Necklace: Rue 21, $3, Shoes: Target, $13, Cocktail Ring: Mervyns, $12
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. ahhh...you look great! and i love the pairing with a patterned skirt! i don't do so well in the patterned-venture department (in other words, i just don't have much pattern in my wardrobe).

    and I like the pose on the middle picture--it's cute! :) i'm trying to play with my poses lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like you awhile ago. I was looking through my closets and I was amazed at the lack of purple. Very cute outfit! The skirt is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the purple & blue-- what a great juxtaposition! Super cute skirt too :)

    undergradfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete