Monday, June 22, 2009

Mad Men



I had a Sa-weet coupon to NY & Co so I went and got a few back-to-school items. Yes, I'm a dork and I do back to school shopping. I try to wait and not wear anything until school starts but couldn't resist the yellow with the current weardrobe contest. I also couldn't resist the skirt- I am in love with the style and have wanted a skirt like this for a while, even if my shopping buddy told me it makes me look a little too hip-ish. Wasn't that the idea in 50's/60's? Oh and maybe then I said it's OK to break into your new shoes for fall and necklace too. Just be aware, I'll be wearing this again in about 5 weeks!

Shirt: NY & Co, $8, Skirt: NY & Co, $8, Shoes: Nine West, $20, Necklace: Forever 21, $8
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I love it! The style in Mad Men is one of my favorite elements of the show. I just recently got a pencil skirt that makes me feel very Joan Holloway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, I love this outfit! Great deals too. I know I don't comment all the time, but I love this blog, so keep it up! I have definitely been inspired by the belts you've been using - they are so flattering. I can't wait to try some out once I pop this kiddo out, and actually have a waist to wear a belt around again. And if I haven't told you congrats on getting into grad school yet, CONGRATS! And if I already told you that, then...well...Congrats again!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks 100% fabulous! So, so flattering (not hip-y at all). Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you go back to school in five weeks? where has the summer gone!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt is lovely... it catches the wind prettily... hmmm. I think I spelled that wrong...

    ReplyDelete