Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Retro BBQ


Shirt: Gap, $12, Shorts: Gap, $15, Shoes: Payless, $20

Do you ever draw outfit inspiration from funny sources? I was envisioning a teenage boy headed to a BBQ in the 1960's, and pulled this out. When I thought about it again, I added the shoes and a high ponytail (high for me anyway, I have thick hair and it hurts to go much higher) and channeled a movie that came out when I was in junior high- Now and Then. I loved it, me and friends all identified with one character and their attitude. I had a friend who even taped her chest like Regina. A slightly over sized striped shirt with walking shorts was all the rage in fashion in that movie- so there's my strange inspiration for a ridiculously simple summer outfit. And in case you were wondering, I did grill shrimp for dinner.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE that movie! Love the outfit too-- isn't it funny where we pull inspiration from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute look! Love your shoes. I must be too young to know of this movie! I don't think i've ever heard of it..... :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit - perfectly summer casual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that was one of my and still is one of my FAVE movies ever!!

    hardly any of my friends have heard of it - I made sme of them watch it with me when I was at uni as i love it so much haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look.

    I adore that movie. I still listen to the soundtrack often.

    ReplyDelete